Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?
It doesn’t seem possible but it’s that time of year again! With just 79 days left until Christmas it’s time to think about your holiday shopping list. And if you have never come to the Finger Lakes to shop for the holidays you might want to consider it because there are so many great shopping opportunities, like Destiny USA, the Waterloo Outlets, as well as shopping at the wineries all along the wine trails. But there is one in particular that I want to tell you about – Dickens Christmas in Skaneateles Village.
Why do we love the Skaneateles Dickens Christmas?
- It’s so much fun! Who wouldn’t want to come to this charming & beautiful lakeside village to experience an old fashioned Christmas? For the 21st year in a row, from noon until 4PM beginning the Friday after Thanksgiving and continuing every Saturday and Sunday thereafter until Christmas, the Dickens Christmas will take place this year and it is not to be missed!
- Continuing the tradition begun 7 years ago, The World’s Smallest Christmas Parade Ever will take place once again on opening day, Friday, November 28th at noon. Charles Dickens and his entourage will head down Fennell Street, turn right onto Jordan Street, then right onto Genesee Street to their grand opening on the porch of the Sherwood House next to the Sherwood Inn at 12:10 pm.
- Dickens interactive theater takes place right on the streets of Skaneateles and you get to participate! That’s right! The Dickens Christmas Characters stroll the streets of Skaneateles and you become a part of the show as they perform live right in front of you. Scrooge, the ghosts, Tiny Tim, Oliver Twist, over 50 characters in all, are there. Father Christmas is too!
- There’s live music! Sing along with the Dickens Singers to the Christmas carols! On Saturdays a live brass band plays and on Sundays you might even hear bagpipes!
- You can have Dinner with Dickens and Friends! Thursday, December 11th and December 18th, 2014 at Mirbeau Inn and Spa at 6 pm.
- You can sample hot roasted chestnuts in front of Johnny Angels for FREE!
- FREE eggnog, courtesy of Bryne Dairy, is served on Saturdays by the local Girl Scouts!
- Take a FREE horse drawn wagon rides down the streets of Skanealteles!
- Mirbeau Inn and Spa will be hosting a Winter Wonderland “French Country Christmas Display” every Saturday, and Sunday during Dickens Christmas and you can enjoy FREE hot cocoa, hot spiced cider, and cookies from noon to 4 pm during your visit!
- There are over 70 unique shops and restaurants to explore in Skaneateles, virtually ensuring that you will find just the right, special gift for everyone on your holiday shopping list, all while experiencing the magic and wonder of an old fashioned Christmas.
So, get your shopping list together and plan to be here to enjoy the season, the shopping, and Dickens in Skaneateles. We would love to have you stay with us here at 10 Fitch Luxurious Romantic Inn and currently still have availability, although very limited, for the weekends during Dickens. We are also offering a special Shop & Stay Dickens package. You will find a special promo-code and all the details here.
10 Fitch, your romantic escape in NY states beautiful Finger Lakes region.
Latest posts by Cheryl Barber (see all)
- Auburn NY, 10 Fitch Inn Offers Ultimate, Romantic, Finger Lakes Winter Experience - January 12, 2017
- 10 Fitch The Finger Lakes- Fodor’s Review - June 10, 2016
- Babymoon Bliss at 10 Fitch Luxurious Romantic Inn, Auburn, NY - April 23, 2016