If you own an enamel pot then I’ll bet you’ve burned something in it before.
InnSider Secret: Here’s how to get the stains out in 15 minutes!
My beloved MacKenzie Childs stock pot gets well used here at the inn. Among other things, we make large batches of lemon curd in this pot and if you don’t watch lemon curd carefully or if you don’t stir it constantly while it’s cooking you end up with a burned bottom on the inside of your pot.
Some scrubbing got rid of the crud but there was still a really ugly stain left behind and while this doesn’t affect the pots ability to be used it just doesn’t look clean.
As I was wondering how I was going to get the stain out of my pot I remembered how well a dish detergent tab had worked on the inside of our stainless steel coffee carafes so I thought I’d give it a shot. My results are shown above. Although the stain is not completely gone it sure is a lot better than it was before.
Here’s what I did:
- Put the pot on the stove and add a couple inches of water in the bottom.
- Turn the burner on and bring the water to a boil over medium high heat and then turn the heat down to simmer.
- Add a couple of squirts of dish soap – I used Dawn Direct Platinum Foam
- Add a dishwasher tab – I used Finish Power Ball
- Put a timer on and leave to simmer for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes your results should be similar to mine but if not try letting it “cook” a little longer.
That’s it! Rinse and dry the pot and you are ready to go! I hope you enjoyed this InnSider Secret from 10 Fitch Luxurious Romantic Inn and that this works as well for you as it did for me.
10 Fitch, your romantic escape in NY states beautiful Finger Lakes region.
Latest posts by Cheryl Barber (see all)
- Auburn NY, 10 Fitch Inn Offers Ultimate, Romantic, Finger Lakes Winter Experience - January 12, 2017
- 10 Fitch The Finger Lakes- Fodor’s Review - June 10, 2016
- Babymoon Bliss at 10 Fitch Luxurious Romantic Inn, Auburn, NY - April 23, 2016