The inn is decorated, the tree is up…
… & mom & I are busy baking our first batches of Christmas cookies today!
Christmas music is playing and the flour is flying as delicious aromas waft through the air.
We’ve just pulled out our first batch from the oven, crispy Chinese Almond Cookies and I’ve just sampled one 🙂 Yum!
I hope your mouth is watering like mine is! All those coming to stay with us in December will get to sample these seasonal goodies.
Chinese Almond Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract
3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1 egg white
1/2 teaspoon water
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter & sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extract. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
2. Shape dough into 1-in balls. Place 2 in-apart on un-greased cookie sheets. Flatten with fork. Sprinkle with almonds.
3. In a small bowl, beat egg white and water. Brush over cookies. bake at 325 degrees for 14-16 minutes or until edges and bottoms are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Makes about 5 dozen cookies
Download the printable version here.
10 Fitch, your romantic escape in NY states beautiful Finger Lakes region.
Latest posts by Cheryl Barber (see all)
- February Only Specials At 10 Fitch - February 9, 2018
- Dining at 10 Fitch – Dinner Picnic - August 15, 2017
- What To Expect at a Bed and Breakfast – 10 Fitch Luxurious Romantic Inn - July 1, 2017