Top 10 Romantic Winter Things To Do Near 10 Fitch Luxurious Romantic Inn
Warm weather months are not the only time things are smokin’ hot here in the Finger Lakes!
Yeah, the kind of heat I’m talking about doesn’t come from sun drenched skies or balmy breezes. It’s what happens when couples spend time together doing fun things and enjoying each others company regardless of the weather. You can definitely rekindle the romance in your relationship during the winter here in the Finger Lakes. There is so much to see and do during every season in the stunningly beautiful Finger lakes so don’t think that spring through fall are the only times to plan a visit, if you do then you may miss out on some wonderful, unique opportunities to enjoy the area at it’s best and warm things up in your relationship. So here are my top 10 picks.
“There is so much to see and do during every season here in the stunningly beautiful Finger lakes so don’t think that summer or fall are the only times to plan a visit”
10. Visit the Finger Lakes Cheese Trail – Most people know about the Finger Lakes Wine Trail but do you know about our Cheese Trail? Even during the winter months you can enjoy delectable bites from the cheese trail alongside fantastic Finger Lakes regional wines during the Annual Preferred Pairings Wine & cheese event. 8 of the 15 cheese trail farms are open during the winter and most offer free visits and tastings but I recommend calling ahead to confirm hours.
9. Outdoor Ice Skating – Grab your ice skates and camera, don’t forget a thermos of hot cocoa, and head on over to Taughannock Falls State Park to enjoy an afternoon together gliding across the ice on a designated skating area right in the middle of winter’s quiet, pristine, beauty.
8. Go On A Treasure Hunt – Spend the day driving around the region taking in the beautiful Finger Lakes scenery as you go and stopping along the way to explore the areas unique shops, boutiques and art galleries. There’s no telling what special treasure you may find!
7. Explore Charming Skaneateles Village – This picturesque, historic, little village sits right at the top of pristine Skaneateles lake, just minutes from Auburn. Take a stroll out onto the pier or enjoy the stunning view of the lake from the Clift Park Gazebo then pop into one of the local restaurants, taverns or a bakery to relax or grab a for a bite to eat before exploring the unique shops and galleries, all occupying space in buildings dating back to 1796.
6. Visit Waterfalls – Don’t let winter stop you! The beauty of nature in the Finger Lakes region can be enjoyed year round! Although the warmer months are certainly prime times to take in the many stunning waterfalls and gorges many of them are accessible during the winter season and provide a unique opportunity to view some spectacular icy waterfalls while you snuggle close to each other.
5. Snowshoe or Cross Country Ski at a State Park – Hot cocoa and snow! You can even go on a moonlight snowshoe hike at the Montezuma Audubon Center in Savanna, just 24 minutes from Auburn, and snowshoe rental is available – if you have your own equipment you can cross country ski or go ice skating at Taughannock Falls State Park or hike and cross country ski at Fillmore Glen.
4. Visit The Wine Trail – The wine trail in winter? You bet! On the Cayuga Wine Trail there are 17 wineries, a cider, a meadery and four distilleries to visit where you can taste award winning wines plus take in breathtaking views of the lake, waterfalls and snow-covered landscape. Winter events on the wine trail include the annual Mardi Gras celebration as well as “Bacon On The Lakein.” My recommendation is to hire a car and driver so you can both enjoy the scenery and the wine without worry.
3. Take a class or attend an event at the NY Wine & Culinary Center – Experiences available range from simply hanging out and enjoying a locally sourced meal and drinks in the upstairs bistro to from a pizza making workshop to wine and cheese pairing, to hands on kitchen classes, chef instructed, where you prepare a meal and then enjoy it with the other participants. So much fun!
2. Romantic Candlelight Dinner for Two – There are so many wonderful places to experience culinary excellence here in the Finger Lakes. Check out restaurant reviews on Trip Advisor and plan a romantic evening with your sweetheart. Here my recommended picks for those staying at or near us.
And finally, my number one winter pick for the most romantic thing to do here in the Finger Lakes is….
10. Snuggle Up And Stay Warm at a Finger Lakes Bed & Breakfast– The best way to heat things up after spending the day exploring the plethora of things to do in the area of course, is to snuggle up with your honey near a blazing fireplace while sipping regional wine or hot cocoa and nibbling homemade cookies during a stay at a charming area bed & breakfast. romance packages that hotels just can’t hold a candle to and with over 330 B&B’s in the Finger Lakes to choose from you are sure to find the one that perfect to make your romantic memories in.
A romantic winter escape breaks up the long, cold, dark days of the season and can help you reconnect with one another in a special way, putting the spark back into your relationship. Bed & breakfasts offer warmth, intimacy and personal attention as well as some really unique and value packed amenities and romance packages that hotels just can’t hold a candle to.
I hope that I’ve convinced you that you don’t have to wait until the snow melts and the flowers start blooming before you plan your trip to the the beautiful Finger Lakes and more importantly, your romantic escape with the one you love. If you would like ore information just send me an email with your questions. I’m happy to help! I hope to see you soon here at 10 Fitch Luxurious Romantic Inn, your romantic escape in the Finger Lakes.
10 Fitch, your romantic escape in NY states beautiful Finger Lakes region.