Yay! It’s Autumn! Time for all those delicious apple and pumpkin recipes right?
Have you ever made stuffed baked apples? They are so delicious and really very easy to make but one thing you have to do is take the core out of the apple while keeping the bottom of the apple in tact so that whatever you stuff it with stays inside.
I’ll share a little video with you later that will show you exactly how we core our apples here at 10 Fitch when we are baking up a bunch of them for the first course at breakfast. You can fill your apples with anything really. I like to use granola and cheese.
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Wash and core your apples and place them in a baking dish with a little room around each one.
- I figure on about 2 tablespoons of granola per apple that I’m fixing and put that in a bowl.
- Then I add about a teaspoon of brown sugar and a tablespoon of melted butter PER APPLE to that.
- You can also add additional nuts or dried chopped fruit, such as cranberries, raisins or cherries if you like.
- Then you mix that all up until well combined.
- Use a teaspoon to fill your cored apples with the yummy mixture. Make sure you push the filling down into the apple firmly, really pack it in there and mound some up on the top. A sprinkle of freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese on the top is the crowning glory!
- Now add to the bottom of the baking dish about an inch of water and gently slide the dish into the oven.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until fork tender but not mushy.
And here’s the video to show you how to get the core out of those apples so you can bake them up! Of course we would be happy to make them for you right here at 10 Fitch Luxurious Romantic Inn during your stay with us. Hope to see you soon!
10 Fitch, your romantic escape in NY states beautiful Finger Lakes region.