As a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, it has been necessary for us to modify our offerings and the way that our guests will experience 10 Fitch for the remainder of 2021. Prior to booking your stay please become familiar with following information so that you can plan your stay with confidence in our redesigned 10 Fitch guest experience. We are following all current Covid mandates and trust that if you book a stay with us you agree to cooperate fully with our current protocols and adjustments. This page will be updated as our protocols evolve.
UPDATE 6/21: The pandemic and current world events have also caused us to re-evaluate and re-prioritize what is most important to us. We will be retiring as innkeepers in December 2021, and we will enjoy this beautiful old house as our private home, entertaining only our family & friends.
From June 1, 2021 until we close in December, these are our current refinements.
- Availability – There is a minimum 2 night stay requirement for all reservations. A 3 night minimum stay is required during July and August and for all holiday weekends through Columbus Day. We will only be accepting a very limited number of reservations. Until further notice only one reservation, in one suite, a maximum of 2 guests, will be booked per calendar date. So, while you are staying with us you will be our exclusive guests! You won’t be having breakfast with anyone else in the dining room and interaction with staff will be limited to breakfast service or at your request.
- Deposits/Cancellations – Because we are closing in December, all reservations booked from June 1st 2021 through the end of the year will require payment in full at time of booking. No refunds will be given for canceled stays booked after June 1st and no gift certificates will be issued, regardless of the cancellation reason, with the exception that of 10 Fitch cancelling the stay due to an emergency, such as the innkeeper coming down with Covid.
- PACKAGES – All of our bundled packages with in room services of any kind including massages, dining, candlelight turn downs etc. have been suspended at this time and are not available to order through our reservation system however, there are still many enhancements that you may add to your stay individually to create your own personal package, including private, 6 hour, chauffeured winery sightseeing tour, picnic lunch, chocolate covered strawberries, flowers, later check out (with the exception of Sunday) and more. These items can be added after selecting your room and adding it to your reservation dates.
- Safety & Security For Everyone – We are asking our guests to restrict movement on the main floor of the inn to the foyer and staircase that leads to your own suite. Please do not enter any areas blocked off or where “staff only” signage has been posted. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
- Prior to Arrival – The innkeeper will contact you to discuss details and share and collect additional information about your stay, such as contactless check-in and any special needs you may have. If you are not feeling well on the day you are supposed to check in please do not come. Contact the innkeeper as soon as possible to cancel your stay. If you arrive and appear to be ill during your stay you may be asked to leave and not provided a refund.
- Upon Arrival – We will expect you to arrive at the time that you previously indicated but do request the you text us 30 minutes prior to your arrival to let us know you are on the way. The number will be provide to you along with additional information detailing what to do once you are inside the inn will, once you have booked your stay.
- Your Suite – As always, your suite will be impeccably clean, and we are following current sanitation guidelines, to insure your comfort, health and safety. Suites will be vacant for a minimum period of 72 hours between reservations. Decorative pillows, throws, comforters, robes, hair dryers, magazines, books, pamphlets etc. have been removed but some items will be available upon request. Once you arrive, no one will be entering your suite for any reason other than an emergency. Along with 2 bottles of water per guest, per day, we will place in your refrigerator any food items requiring refrigeration that you have pre-ordered and any soft drinks that you have preselected.
- Breakfast – We will continue to provide our delicious, full, complimentary, chef’s choice breakfast during your stay. On Sundays breakfast is served an hour earlier than the rest of the week, from 8am until 9 and check out is at 9:30 instead of 11am. Please be aware that due to the pandemic many items and ingredients are sometimes not readily available, including some specialty items for dietary restrictions. We appreciate your understanding.
- Daily Room Refreshing, Nightly Turn Down service, in room breakfast service and Candle Light Turn Down Service – In order to minimize contact, these services have been paused at this time. Once you have checked in, no one will be entering your room unless there is an emergency.
- Necessities – At Your Request – The following items normally available to guests without having to ask for them will still be available but by request, such as robes, fresh towels, certain or extra toiletries, extra pillows for sleeping, plastic cutlery, paper plates, napkins, additional tissues, soap and other toiletries.
- Common Areas – Because 10 Fitch is home to the innkeepers movement on the main floor of the inn by our guests will be restricted. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation. Other than the foyer, all indoor common areas, including the main floor bathroom, will be closed to guests with the exception of the dining room during the breakfast hour each morning.
- Complimentary Snacks, Beverages etc. – In place of the usual snack & beverage access in our common areas, we will email you a guest questionnaire with available items that you may select to enjoy during your stay with our compliments. These items will be brought up and left in your room prior to your arrival.
- Ice – The Ice machine is closed to our guests but small amounts of ice will be available upon request
- Outdoor Spaces – Our big, beautiful backyard awaits your enjoyment! The veranda, gazebo, ponds, benches & back patio are available to you during your stay. The deck is a private part of our home and we ask guests to refrain from entering the deck area. All guests must enter and exit the inn only from the front door entrance. To go out to the backyard bring your key, exit through the front door, lock it behind you, and walk around the house to the back. Please do not use the french doors in the dining room to access the backyard. The deck, is closed to guests and only for staff use.
- Fire Pit – The innkeepers frequently relax out at the fire pit in the evenings and you are always welcome to join them, seating around the fire pit allows safe social distancing. Guests are not permitted to start fires in the fire pit.
- Breakfast: In room breakfast has been suspended at this time. Breakfast will be served in the dining room only.
- Cheese plates, antipasto, picnic lunches, (but not in room picnic dinners) & chocolate covered strawberries may still be ordered and scheduled at the time of booking. We will do our best to prepare your order according to the enhancement description but please note that shortages of available ingredients may require substitutions.
- Dining – Local Restaurants are now serving dinner with outside seating available, weather permitting. We encourage you to look check out the 10 Fitch area dining page for descriptions of restaurants. Due to Covid changes, you should visit each restaurants website for current hours of operation, menus and up to date information before deciding where you would like to dine. Wegmans, just around the corner, also has a deli and prepared food options which may be purchased and brought in. We do not have a microwave available for guests use but with advanced notice, and if we are on site at the time that you desire to eat, we will be happy to heat your prepared food up for you.